Thursday, December 20, 2012

Southward Bound...


Our journey continues on another 500 or so kilometres from Goodiwindi to Dubbo.  We arrived in Dubbo on Monday, Day 3 of our road trip to Melbourne, and were immediately taken with the place.  Fantastic caravan park and gorgeous weather, we set up camp and made plans for our trip to the Taronga Western Plains Zoo the following day.  I can thoroughly recommend it.  We had an awesome day and took our time meandering around the 6km track and enjoying all the animal enclosures.  The kids especially enjoyed the African animals and were keen to view all the feeding times and presentations by the keepers.  I thought I’d share just a few of my favourite shots…. I won’t bore you with the four thousand others!!










After two nights in Dubbo, we hit the road early again on Day 5 for the 550 odd kilometre drive to Tocumwal, just shy of the Victorian border.  With not much to see in the way of scenery…


I decided to spend much of my trip doing this…..


Hahaa…. Trust me, if I can scrap efficiently in such a confined space, anyone can!!  It certainly encourages you to think simple and not over-complicate things. :)   I’ll share my first few pages soon.  As our trip progresses, so too does the travel journal process.  The idea of scrapping something from every day has evolved into the decision to only record the things that I feel are relevant or something that I want to look back on.  We may do a few things in one day that I want to document and then nothing much on the next day.  I’m okay with skipping days, or not working on the journal when all we really want to do is relax.

After a rest day today, we are off to Melbourne tomorrow.  I anticipate needing to rest in readiness for the shopping I have planned!!  Hmmm… I may have neglected to inform Troy of that intention, although I’m sure the girls will happily keep me company.  :)
Thanks for tagging along.
Cheers for now,

Jules
x

4 comments:

Leanne said...

Fabulous photos Jules! Enjoy your trip..x

Astrid Maclean said...

Watching this from a wet, windy and cold Edinburgh/Scotland, - I am feeling very jealous! Specially as my son and new little grand daughter live just outside Melbourne on the Mornington Peninsula. Wished I was were you are now! Still, we'll be going over at Easter. Hope your trip continues to be fantastic! I am a huge admirer of your work and found out about you through watching Miss Artsy Papercrafts or whatever they were called. Such a shame they folded. Enjoy the rest of your trip and have fun shopping!!!

glorygirl said...

Looks like a fabulous trip!!! I love how you're scrapping in the car! Will have to try that on our next road trip!

Karen Shady said...

Hi Julie :) so happy to see you 'back' in the land of scrapping :) I for one missed seeing your goergeous work... have a wonderful trip, although its 40 here in Victoria today, so I dont think you 'cooler weather' plan is on the cards just yet.. xx