Friday, December 7, 2012

Happy Tassy Travels...

Hello long lost friends!  I'm not even sure if anyone is listening anymore... and I totally understand if you've given up on me, considering my ridiculously long absence.  I'm not even sure where to start, except to say that I was completely swept up by family and life demands and was attempting to keep too many balls in the air at once.  Something had to give and unfortunately my 'me time' took one for the team.

Well, I've scrapped, and it felt good!!  ... but more on that later.  :)

The subject of today's post is our up-and-coming camping trip to Tasmania for Christmas!  Excited beyond measure, I've no doubt that a major contributing factor to the anticipation is a quick study of the maximum temperature comparisons between home and Tassy.  42 deg/C :  20 deg/C.  BRING IT ON!!  lol

Does anyone remember this:


... from Issue No.94 of Scrapbook Creations?

I put together this travel journal several months ago in readiness for our Christmas holidays this year.  Instead of a December Daily, I will be documenting our epic Christmas camping trip one day at a time from Dec 15th to Jan 27th.  A big undertaking I know, but I am totally ok with only using a 'one picture speaks a thousand words' approach for some days, if that is all I can manage.

I have my base pages and vellum for journalling all prepared for action and have even jotted down some initial thoughts before our trip even begins.  It is a very eclectic mix of papers, scraps, altered book pages and embellies and I would like to keep the content and style very informal and ad hoc.  I envisage a bursting-at-the-seems collection of bits and pieces of precious tokens, snapshots and memories from our trip, randomly stapled, with notations just jotted down on the run.  No measuring, no typing, no fussing and NO straight lines!!  :)





I am prepared with my travel scrap kit, portable printer and a 'Big 4' caravan park wifi subscription in advance, because I will of course need to blog as I go too!  There will be some rugged camping where wifi just won't be an option, but I will record and blog as much as I can, when I can.

Our trek begins with a 2,500km road trip to Melbourne, followed by 10 hour ferry ride with car and camper across the mountainous seas of the Bass Strait before we even get to Tassy!!  (Actually, the kids and I will fly from Melbourne to Hobart direct, because it was cheaper .... and less tumultuous for the digestive system, while Troy keeps the car, the camper and my mum and dad company on the ferry ride over).  Not only are mum and dad travelling and camping with us, but we are also visiting and holidaying with many more of my relatives in Tassy too... some, Troy and the kids have never even met.  I can't wait!!  I know they say it's all about the journey and not the destination..... but I'm completely amped for the journey, the destination AND the trip home!!!

With just one week of preparing and packing and Santa organising to go, I've plenty of 'to'do' lists that I should be consulting right now... so I'm outta here.

Oh, and I'll be back soon with my first scrapping attempt in ...... no!! .... has it really been 6 months??

If anyone is still listening... thanks.  I know now I will always still need to create something, no matter what else is going on in my crazy and demanding everyday, so stay tuned and I promise to continue sharing.

Cheers for now,

Jules
x


14 comments:

Louise said...

Welcome back!! Missed you :)

Helen Wallace said...

So good to see your smiling face again Jules. Look forward to reading about your travels. :)

Jess Mackenzie said...

YAY!!! I was not long ago thinking of you Miss Jules. I hope you have a lovely trip filled with joy, adventure & lots of family togetherness! love and peace xox

Tone K. said...

Welcome back Jules :)
We are still here :)
The journey you are going out on sounds absolutely fantastic. I wish you a very exciting, relaxing, inspiring, fun and adventurous trip :)
...and of course Merry Christmas.
Looking forward to see your pages :)
xo

Tania Martyns said...

Julie, was feeling really miss you and your wonderful projects! Welcome back!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Definitely still here and looking forward to seeing your work again :-)

Unknown said...

You know how much I missed you!! WELCOME BACK Jules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its so good to hear from you and have an amazing holiday in Tassie!!!! Can't wait to hear and see your photos and your journal
(which looks fantastic btw)...Tassie is on our list of camping 4WD spots too.

Take care :)xoxo

Janice Nicholls said...


Look forward to reading about your Tassy Holiday.
Great to see you back. :)

Dolly B said...

Welcome Back ! Your journal is already looking amazing, can't wait to see it filled with your travel adventures. I am so not a fan of straight lines, I hate measuring!
Mary x

Heather Jacob said...

pleased to have you back in the world of scrapping .. you were missed xoxxoo

Jasmine S said...

Oh your trip sounds super amazing and adventurous. Have a fabulous and safe holiday.
And yes, very happy to see you back :)

Di Garling said...

Your upcoming trip sound like a lot of fun. So glad you have returned to the wonderful world of scrapbooking. I have always been a big fan & I look forward to seeing your work again. Cheers Di xo

Angelica said...

Welcome back! You've really been missed... But now you are here again, and can spoil us with your wonderful artwork :) Your upcoming trip sounds absolutely awesome, and I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!
xx Angelica

Chantelle said...

Have a fantastic trip away - sounds like it will be amazing - Tassie is such a beautiful place - enjoy and safe travels :)