Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Runaround

There is some friendly rivalry going on in the Winks household around times for a 5km run. We wonder where the kids get their competitive streak from.... it's a no brainer really! This morning I did a 22:56. Yay ... first time under 23min. Not at all comfortable with blowing my own trumpet.... the first thing I did was email Troy with my time!! : )

Maddi recently competed in a May Day Fun Run and won her age division {pocketing a crisp $50.00, which was just as exciting for her as winning}.

Of course I didn't point out that I have just beat her time of 23:16 ........ much.

With Maddi competing at the Capricornia School Trials for cross country next week in Mackay and Claire doing the same the week after in Rockhampton, I guess mum and dad had better keep up the training also in order to keep up ... you know ... lead by example and all that!



The start ....



The middle...


The finish line ..... go girl!!



And of course all of this getting fit and reaching goals has prompted layouts in this theme ...


1 comment:

Leanne J said...

oh another blog to stalk.. lol.. yay great to see you have one.. WARNING totally addictive i'm always on my blog and blog hoping..yay its fun and omg there are some amazing blogs to check out.. oh and i've changed my background about a hundred times already.. funny...
anyho if you need any hints got to my blog and hit the sneaky momma in my blog list and copy that.. really really helpful... happy days and happy hopping and bloggin..
love leanme