Friday, September 3, 2010

Seeking Inspiration

Feeling a little bit stuck lately i've been on a mission to find me some inspiration!  I've been looking really closely at adds in magazines and television, as well as some online sites i usually don't take the time to investigate.... just trying to get an idea of what really catches my eye.  Whilst this can be totally different for different people, i found myself always looking twice at the same type of thing..... minimalism!  It has always appealed to me.... i just hadn't realised before that i was immediately drawn to these design types.... every single time!  And nobody does minimalism better (in my opinion) than digital scrappers. Some of these ladies are super talented and have this whole minimalism thing down pat.  I don't think i will ever be a full time digi scrapper.... i just love the whole 3D experience too much - playing with paint and getting my hands all dirty and covered in glue.... sounds so therapeutic doesn't it?  lol... however, i can see myself experimenting with hybrid scrapping at some point... i will get around to buying PS, although it has been on my 'to do' list for some time now!  I hate to admit it, but i have spent several hours this week browsing through online digi scrap sites!!  {naughty puter addict} ... oh well - i keep telling myself it's for a good cause.... right?

This is something i then went and had a play with...


ooohh, i just realised i was featured in TCR this week!  woohoo...

thanks for the visit... hope i've prompted you to go find some inspiration!!

jules
x

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Gorgeous LO as always Julie!! Love the journalling. Congrats on your LO being featured for TCR.. your LO was fantastic! :)

Leanne said...

LOL!!! Love this lo and the journaling! Hope you are going to enter it in my challenge at The Boxx!

Congrats on tcr too! I tell you, you'll be a revolving door artist there soon! hee hee....x

Leanne J said...

i love it jules.. all of it.. you rok.. and yep i know what you mean..sometimes you just well get stuck..at it happens at the wierdest times..usually when your creating fantastic layouts then..... nothing.. or a feeling like its not good enough.. well snap out of it sister.. {lol}.. your stuff is amazing and you have definately evolved into the most awesome scrapper.. hense the constant feature on TCR.. you rokin..

Mrs Lubinski said...

Hey Julie,
I found you at TCR. You can always buy photoshop elements first to see if you like it. You can still do a lot of things with that software! Love your minimalist style! Your mojo doesn't appear to be gone at all!

Kirsty said...

Oh I simply love this!

kathie said...

Beautiful layout! I love digital scrapbooking designs too. It seems they have different trends and a bit of a different feel to paper scrappers. And I like it!