Saturday, June 19, 2010

Lovely Day

What a great day.... little bit of housework, but lots of playing with paint and scraps of muslin and the sewing machine ... love it! Here is the layout that I simply had to do to document my Lady in Waiting! Only problem is that I don't think I can fit in any journaling now... and that was the whole point to the layout in the first place!! :) ... will look at it for a few days before I decide on journaling ...

I layered strips of muslin on this bg paper, both to mute the background a bit and to add a textural dimension in keeping with the 'old world' subject matter. I also used white paint as a haphazard mat and stitched in red behind the muslin to add more dimension and interest. Black and red are the predominant embelly accompaniments, with just a hint of blue as a contrast.

4 comments:

Leanne said...

So gorgeous!!! I hope you are going to try out for the Scrapware DT! You should really go and check it out... I love that dress form!

Leanne J said...

yeah yeah wow..super layout.. i love it all.. i esp love the background and the "lady" in the title looks amazing... and the dress form {i got that}.. and the dragonfly.. its all super amazing.. and love that photo at the bottom....

Cathy said...

This is gorgeous Julie, love the muslin and paint effect. Love the dress form... is that chipboard? Those pics are beautiful!!

Marilyn said...

Julie. I love it all!!...love the background and the details!