But first, the new Colour Room palette is now live and here is what I made of it...
The palette is taken from this amazing layout by Solange Marques, fellow Colour Room DT designer and Miss Arts tutor.
Using some of my favourite chippy from Dusty Attic...
Baroque Frame Set - Circle, DA0542
Mini Scrolls, DA0685
Dusty in Bloom - Cornsilk, DA0806
For the texture on the chippies, I first stippled them with texture paste using a large, stiff brush, sprayed with some 'granite' glimmermist and allowed to dry. I then used a dry brush technique with a little gesso to pick up and highlight just the peaks of the texture paste detail. It gave the finished product a real cracked leather kind of appeal that I just love. I also gave the blooms a little spritz with 'gold' glimmermist to match the palette. And yep, I know I spelt the title wrong on the layout... grrrr! : p
Ok, now for the big news....
The Color Room is having their first ever DT CALL!!!!
If you want to create with freedom and passion, while exploring your love of color and pushing the limits of your creative boundries, this is an opportunity you will love. This role gives you the opportunity to use the supplies you have been hoarding and are desperate to use, or scraps and products you love- just for fun…..then this is the team for you.
Requirements is just one project per month, leaving you plenty of time for your other commitments.
If you are interested we need to see your skills.
Show us how you can create using colour as a basis.
- Create 2 LO’s based on a previous Color Room palettes of your choosing so we can see how you interpret a palette. Please include the palette you used for inspiration along with the LO when submitting.
- You must include 1 project based on a sketch from one of the chosen palettes….projects may be pages (paper or digital), cards, mixed media, or OTP….
- Please also send us your 2 favourite Projects, these are not restricted to CR palettes, just your 2 favourites that best display your talents and what you can offer the Color Room as a designer.
- Share with us a link to any of your online galleries as well as your blog.
- Please outline any experience you may have with technique tutorials (this is not essential to the role but will be looked on preferably)
So....start thinking about applying!!!! AND spread the word!!!!
Send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org and make your images no more than 750px and under 250k, for easy emailing.
Entries close June 8, 2012
I truly can't wait to see who joins this fantastic team!!
Cheers for now and thanks so much for popping in,