Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Who doesn't love a bonus??

... and Stuck?! Sketches have two bonus sketches this month, in celebration of reaching the ripe old age of 4!! The first of the bonus sketches was one of mine!!  yeehah!  :))  In all honesty, I modelled this sketch on a layout I did ages ago.... waaaaay back when i was just a scrappin baby!!  lol.  Funny how some things go full circle.   Here is my new one:

{big bubble cheeks}

The original layout was done at the beginning of last year and we had to use nothing but scraps... something I always have plenty of.  I loved doing this layout the first time around, so decided to use the 'nothing-but-scraps' criteria again for my new one. The paper strips really lend themselves to using scraps and i just love the effect.  Because I'm just loving a kraft/gold/blue/aqua kind of colour scheme at the moment, I had plenty of scraps of these colours laying around.


And I thought it would be fun to see the old one:

{grateful}

... and the sketch:


Would love for you to head on over to Stuck?! and give it a go! 

Oh, and my first ever class over at Miss Art's Papercrafting School is going absolutely fantastically well.  So many lovely ladies have left some wonderful comments... so if you are one of them... Thank You So Much!!  I'm enjoying it so much and can't wait for my live UStream chat on the 29th August at 11:00am.  Hmmm... better go and aquaint myself with Skype.. lol

On the family front, we have just been coping with the barrage of cold and flus that the season has thrown at us this year!!  Unbelieveable... we just shake one and another one knocks on the door and lets itself in.  Normally a winter lover, I must say that I'll be happy to see the end of it this year.  :(

Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to pop in and say 'hi'.  I'll be back later in the week with more shares.  Hope you are having a fantastic week.

jules
x

11 comments:

Chantelle said...

It's an awesome sketch Jules - I LOVED playing along with this one - love your LO's - so many cute details!! Hope you all get better soon. x

Kim Ewins said...

Just gorgeous Julie...love all the strips and bits...that colour combo is just beautiful...yum!
I'm just praying for winter to end before we freeze to death down here...lucky I have great friends with warm smiles (mary & annette) around to warm my days a little.
You so inspire me Jules!
Thank You. x

Cathy said...

WOW both the old and the new LO's are gorgeous Jules.. might have to try and squeeze this challenge in!! Hope you are all feeling better soon :)))

Her Essential Hand said...

oh Jules.. I love that page.. AWESOMENESS plus!!
Brae has the flu here :( high temps, vomitting... its shocking.. come on spring! I hope your all better soon.
I am also doing your class, just havnet had a chance to watch and leave comments yet.. but I cant wait to watch more!
Enjoy your day xx

Leanne said...

Beautiful LOs Jules! That colour scheme is stunning!

Hope you and yours are feeling better soon...x

Ebony van der Starre said...

i love this sketch...hopefully i will get a chance to play along

Karen Shady said...

absolutely stunning Julie.... love all the layers x

Jasmine S said...

Loved the original but this one is just gorgeous. The colors look amazing with the b&w photo and what a fab pic too.

Unknown said...

Hope you are all feeling better soon Jules xx
This layout is just amazing...you are so talented...must do that trick sometime...go and copy an old layout and see how different I can be...loving your class too! Have made a start but moving house this weekend. Hope to have it finished soon :))xx

Eila Sandberg said...

You're really too modest Jules, you class over att Miss Art's is nothing but a landslide success!! You've got the best tut ever and your video streaming is clear as rain, no glitches or mismatching of voice and film. Gosh, both your old and new one are absolutely fab but as also I love the new colour combo better I still have a softer spot for the newer one. He is sooo cute blowing his bubbles! clever to use up the leftover strips and make it look a stunner too! xoxoxo

Mel said...

Love both layouts and especially the second- which I repinned and this is hoq I found your blog. I have just used a similar idea in one of my layouts and have linked it back to your blog: http://melgetsscrappy.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/baked-goods-scrap-off.html

Thanks for the inspiration!