Friday, February 17, 2012

Maja Designs.... #3

Yep, this is the third week of Maja Design sponsorship over at The Colour Room and consequently my third Maja inspired page! 

I struggled a little with the colours in this one.... those who know me know of the battle I have with purple, esp the lilac variety!  :)

This page is also a celebration of the day Maddison got her braces off last month.  She was counting down the days for at least 2 months prior and was just so excited.  Well worth the time and money I say!  :)

{her new smile}


and the palette:



Hint:  Don't forget that you can add white, kraft, cream or black to any palette.

Plenty going on on the creative front, just nothing more that I can share right now.  I have not been buzzing around online much of late ... life is just such a blur at the moment and all of my time management skills are being tested - fully!!  lol.  The kids and their activities just seem to have really ramped up this year (I wouldn't have thought it possible!!) and I'm struggling to fit everything in.  I think I really need to re-assess and cut back a little, regain some balance and enjoy things more.  {scoff}... yeah, I can dream!!  Maybe in my next lifetime.  lol

Thank you so much for popping in.  I read and appreciate every comment so much.

Cheers for now....

Jules
x

11 comments:

Leanne said...

Gorgeous work Jules!! And Miss M's smile is beaming!! Hope you find your juggling skills soon..x

Toni Cartwright said...

JUST STUUNING Jules!!!!
love how you were able to work with those colours!!!! the whole page is just beautiful.. and i bet your girl was so so excited to have the braces off!!! good on her
Take Care
TONI
XOXOOXO

Her Essential Hand said...

love love love this page...such a gorgoeus photo too. It sure is exciting getting braces off and so worth it :))) (speaking from experience!)
as for time, yep, hearing you loud and clear too!!
enjoy your weekend x

Blossom inch said...

awesome page Jules and with loads of details & techniques to see.

Janice Nicholls said...

So beautiful. Love the papers, layers, texture, coloursfreirr any and the gorgeous photo. Yes my daughter had braces and it was money well spent, she was very excited to have hers off too.
Where can we get those papers from... I love them.
Enjoy your weekend. :) xx

Unknown said...

You never cease to amaze me Jules!! Seriously would have never thought you would have struggled with this combo! But I just adore it! And look at her face...she is so beautiful! I hope things settle down a little for you soon...take good care of yourself sweets! Happy weekend :))xx

Jasmine S said...

What a gorgeous smile and you have showcased her beautifully in this page. You have softened the palette beautifully (the purple scared me off this week). And yes, I am chasing my tail everyday. The list just never ends.....I guess that's what happens with 4 kiddies.

Jasmine S said...

What a gorgeous smile and you have showcased her beautifully in this page. You have softened the palette beautifully (the purple scared me off this week). And yes, I am chasing my tail everyday. The list just never ends.....I guess that's what happens with 4 kiddies.

Megan said...

Hi Jules.

My name is Megan Hoeppner. I'm the creative editor for Creating Keepsakes magazine. It's nice to e-meet you. :)

I'm writing to see if you'd mind e-mailing me at mhoeppner@creatingkeepsakes.com. I have a scrapbooking question for you. If you have time in the next day or two, please shoot me an email. Thanks so much! Your blog is great!

Marelize said...

Stunning page Jules!! Love all the detail. xx

Cathy said...

Another gorgeous page Jules.. looks like you tackled the purple/lilac perfectly!! :)) hugs